Published on February 25th, 2016 |1
Plan your weekend; Lots of Buckhead events coming up
As February blows out the door, there are a number of Buckhead community events coming up within the next week. Here are a few:
- Friday, Feb 26: Regional Historic Preservation Forum on Modern Architecture in Buckhead. Sponsored by Buckhead Heritage Society and the Atlanta Regional Commission. The program will trace the development history of the area and highlight significant examples of Modern and Contemporary buildings along Peachtree Street/Road. 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. in the auditorium of the Atlanta Masonic Center at 1690 Peachtree Street NW, Atlanta 30309. Reservations, click here. For more information, click here.
- Friday, Feb. 26: Chastain Conservancy Member Appreciation Breakfast. Members of the Conservancy are invited to meet other Conservancy supporters, hear about the accomplishments of 2015 and plans for 2016. Speaker Cynthia Gentry with Play Atlanta will discuss “Play Chastain: Growing up Playfully.” 7:30-9:00 a.m. at the Horse Park. Space is limited; please RSVP to Rosa McHugh, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Saturday, Feb 27: Peachtree Creek Erosion Control Volunteer Day. Atlanta Memorial Park Conservancy and Trees Atlanta need help to restore the banks of Peachtree Creek, which were seriously eroded during the Christmas Eve 2015 flooding. 9 a.m.-noon. Report to the open field area off of Howell Mill Road. To sign up or for more information, click here.
- Sunday, Feb. 28: Flashlight Fun Run. Organized by the Garden Hills/Peachtree Park Friends Group to benefit Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. Kids of all ages are encouraged to run the almost 1 mile course (.7) at duck. Adults, dogs and strollers are welcome. Runners will be treated to hot chocolate, food and music after the run. Registration begins at 5:15 p.m. at the Garden Hills Recreation Center/soccer field. Click here for more information and to register.
- Tuesday, March 1: Atlanta Special Election. Registered resident voters will cast ballots in the Presidential Preference Primary Election and vote on whether or not to re-impose a special one percent sales and use tax to fund water and sewer projects. Polls are open from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. More information is here.
- Wednesday, March 2: Moores Mill Shopping Center groundbreaking. The long-awaited redevelopment of the derelict center will kick off at 10:30 a.m. at the intersection of Moores Mill Road and Bolton Road. More information is here.