Published on September 16th, 2015 |0
Livable Buckhead celebrating PARK(ing) Day with pop-up park Sept. 18
Livable Buckhead, a nonprofit organization leading the effort to create more greenspace in Buckhead, will transform its usual Food Truck Friday parking lot into a pop-up park setting with a soccer field, pet adoption location and more.
PARK(ing) Day is a global event where artists, activists and citizens temporarily transform parking spaces into public parks and other social spaces. Livable Buckhead is using PARK(ing) Day to highlight the many benefits of community greenspace and to raise awareness about PATH400 and the Buckhead Collection.
Livable Buckhead will transform a nondescript parking lot into a greenspace complete with turf, potted plants and other greenery. It will provide the perfect urban escape for the lunchtime crowd in Buckhead.
“Anyone looking for lunchtime diversion is invited to join the fun,” said LBI executive director Denise Starling. That fun will include:
- Lunch offerings from five of metro Atlanta’s top food trucks: Gotta Have It, Crepe Suzette, Genki, Bollywood Zing, That Pie Place, and Wheely Grilly;
- A pop-up soccer field for 2-on-2 mini games;
- Pet adoption with Atlanta Pet Rescue;
- Lawn games;
- A camping scene with tents and a fire pit; and,
- Business card drawing for $30 gift card to Pike Nurseries.