Published on June 1st, 2015 |1
City’s 2nd public meeting tonight on Memorial Park Master Plan
At this meeting, AMPC will present its draft Master Plan which addresses:
• Improving watershed issues
• Enhancing Connectivity
• Revitalizing the passive greenspace
• Restoring the existing clubhouse
• Building a new, smaller clubhouse near the Bitsy Grant Tennis Center
• Consolidating parking
• Relocating the hard courts and adding 6 new tennis courts
• Converting 18-hole course to a 9-hole/practice facility to open up the game to more users
• Enhancing youth programming
A second presentation will be given by a Friends of Bobby Jones golfer representing those players that would like to keep the existing 18-hole course and add a practice area on the FEMA lots.
Both presentations will be followed by a 15 minute Q&A.
“If you want to see Atlanta Memorial Park renovated, restored and preserved, please plan to attend to show your support and be more informed on the work AMPC is doing to make Atlanta’s third largest park the best that it can be for all users,” an AMPC email encouraged.
“Whether you play golf, tennis or just enjoy walking in the park and being connected with your neighbors, this meeting will be important for you to attend to ask questions, offer suggestions and be a part of the community engagement process,” the AMPC email stated.